temporary hang with dumb terminal and screen

From: Leonard Leblanc
Subject: temporary hang with dumb terminal and screen
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:22:06 -0600

I have stepped into a project setting up some dumb terminals running a custom piece of software off a linux server using a digiboard.

When I login from the dumb terminal I can work through everything fine, however as soon as I invoke screen I get the occasional freeze.  Well the dumb terminal nor the server freeze, data just stops getting sent and hence nothing gets re-drawn on the screen.  F12 is mapped to redisplay which is a temporary work-around but I'd like to get this setup properly rather than have them make everyone start pressing F12 on every screen freeze??

I'm stepping into this half way through with the last guy doing a partial setup which is making it even more complicated.

Any insight on what might be causing this??