Re: Opening a new window, and cd to the same directory as the current wi

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Opening a new window, and cd to the same directory as the current window, no matter what I'm doing
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:02:54 +0100

Aaron Davies wrote:
hmm, interesting

this is cumbersome, but maybe you could suspend the ssh session
(<return>, ~, ctrl-Z), say "screen", and then resume it (fg)?

alternatively, someone who knows the internals could explain why it is
that "screen" at the command-line behaves differently from "screen" at
the screen prompt.

This is interesting, but there are still at least two problems:

* I still have to have the prompt available, which is often *not* the case when
I'd like to do this

well, i could suspend the process, then suspend ssh, issue screen and come
back, but this is not really nice and scriptable so I can bind this to a key

* Surprisingly the '~' escape, which is the default for ssh, doesn't work on
every host I connect to

Thank you for your ideas though :)