Caption String color not showing in FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE

From: Glen Barber
Subject: Caption String color not showing in FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:29:29 -0400

Hi folks.

I have the following in my .screenrc for Screen version 4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06
installed from

caption string "%?%F%{.R.}%?%t%?"

however, the red divider is not showing.  If I read the docs correctly, this
string should show the 'active'
screen, in split mode.  (Correct me if I am wrong.)  If this helps, this string
worked in Ubuntu Dapper, and Ubuntu Edgy.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.