Re: screen -X stuff

From: Alexander Kriegisch
Subject: Re: screen -X stuff
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:55:49 +0200

> I think Martin is referring to a different problem that I have seen
> often before. A screen session started in detached mode cannot accept
> any 'stuff' commands unless the the session is first attached, and then
> re-detached.

Yes. Search the mailing list for the thread "Auto-logging does not start
for detached session" (mid-February 2007) started by myself and finally
answered by Michael Schroeder with the promise to do something about it
(fix in the next release). I have not checked if there was such a
release since then, because I was using the workaround mentioned there.
--
Alexander Kriegisch