Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support

From: Gilles Roy
Subject: Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 00:02:00 -0400

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 10:33:12PM -0500, Andrew Deason wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:26:27 -0400
Gilles Roy <address@hidden> wrote:

Which terminal emulators do you use? I'm looking for that can be configured to hide the menu, the window border, scrollbars, etc, so
that screen can have as much real estate as possible.

xterm? rxvt? What terminal emulators _don't_ let you hide the scrollbar?

I am using gnome. I know that xfce4-terminal and gnome-terminal allow me to hide the window border that Gnome puts around the terminal, but when I start xterm it always has the Gnome status bar (with the close, maximize and minimize buttons).

How do I get rid of that status bar if I run xterm in Gnome?

Gilles