Re: Colour remnants from previous program

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: Colour remnants from previous program
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 09:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, I'm guessing it's a bug in the terminal emulator and how it handles windows that aren't an integer multiple of the character width.  The leftover pixels are parts of the character background color for the status lines in Mutt.

I imagine you can modulate the effect by telling Mutt different things about the terminal, such as whether the terminal fills w/ the background color when erasing (bce).  But that won't change the fundamental issue that some operations have the terminal draw in the right 2-3 pixels and others don't.  I don't see $TERM or $TERMCAP changing that.

> [OT] Compliments on your web site's "portability".  Looks great when
> viewed with ELinks.

Thanks.  :-)

--Joe

--