Colour remnants from previous program

From: Gilles Roy
Subject: Colour remnants from previous program
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 23:30:49 -0400

If I start screen, inside of some other terminal program running in full screen mode, and then I start mutt, when I exit mutt there is some colour left on the screen (from status bars), at the very edge on the right. You can see two blue blocks and one red block in the attached screenshot.

These blocks seem to be too small to actually fit a character in them. Could that have anything to do with it? The problem doesn't occur if I used the terminal programe (gnome-terminal or xfce4-terminal) by itself, only when it's done through screen.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks,
Gilles