Re: New screen features available

From: Matto Fransen
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:36:30 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 11:34:31PM +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:

> you probably wonder why the new version of screen is not already
> available. Well, it got delayed a bit because of a couple of new
> features I've added. The development version is available from
> GNU savanna:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/screen co screen
>
> Here are the new features:
>
> - vertical split, complete with resizing
>
>   ^A |   split vertically

Thanx a lot, this is a very usefull (and much wanted) feature !

I was wondering about the key-binding for this.

In some other apps (like ratpoison), split is created by the key s,
and the behaviour (horizontal or vertical) is choosen bij de case of
the s. So: <escape-key>-s does a horizontal split and
<escape-key>-S does a vertical split.

The | that you have choosen does mimic the view of the terminal :)
so this is absolutely not a bad choise.

Maybe this is food for some discussion :)

Again, thanks for all your work and effort. Like somebody else
mentioned, GNU Screen plays an important part in our life :)

Cheers,

Matto