Re: New screen features available

From: Andy Harrison
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:22:04 -0500

On 2/9/07, Brian Mathis <address@hidden> wrote:
This feature in vim is definitely similar, but that's just one
application.  There are many more where making this type of
functionality available would apply across the board.  It would be
useful in all sorts of editors, email clients, irc, etc...  and not
everyone uses vim.  The beauty of screen is that you don't need an
implementation of this type of window control in every app
independently.  I think it takes the idea of virtual terminals to a new
level.

My take is that if it were viewed by the community as a extremely
useful feature, you already would see it some of those applications.

Just my $0.02.  I'd use the feature if it was there, I'd just rather
see other features get priority.

--
Andy Harrison