Re: splitting window into regions

From: Eric Smith
Subject: Re: splitting window into regions
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 15:10:18 -0000

> Not currently, though it's been discussed on this list in the past, and
> there's at least one patch floating around to add the feature.

Its here
 http://www.nabble.com/Vertical-Split-Slowdown-t1379254.html#a370589

Warning: It might change your life.

Tip, use an outer screen with a different escape char to do the
vertical split.

I use another *unpatched* screen binary to run my inner screens
with another escape char of course.
Then you have two independent multiwindow screens on each side of
your hopefully large monitor.

When you attach or (auto)reattach your screens on loggin in at different
locations,
you do so only on the outer screen and not the nested ones.

Eric