Re: Making screen look for a pattern to detect "activity"

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: Making screen look for a pattern to detect "activity"
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:31:03 -0700 (PDT)

One way might be to pipe the program's output through 'grep.'  If you want to
see the full output also, you could do something hackish like:

mknod foo p
program | tee foo
screen grep pattern foo

Then set screen's activity monitor on the newly opened screen containing the
grep output.

--Joe

--We sell Spatulas, and that's all!
http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/