creating a screen with multiple windows when starting a screen

From: Ugur ASLAN
Subject: creating a screen with multiple windows when starting a screen
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 02:41:05 +0300

Hi,

I use screen very frequently at work, we create a screen with approximately 20 windows and after creating these windows in screen with specified titles (window names), we run some predefined commands like "GET http://www.example.com" or "psql dbname dbuser" at the beginning of our work. After our work is finished we are asked for destroy all screens. Opening a screen then creating all windows, giving them titles and running some predefined commands in all windows takes a lot of time. I want to write a bash script that does all this stuff automatically.

I found that

screen -t exampletitle

creates a screen with a window, has a title "exampletitle". But I can't find a way to create all windows with given titles when starting a screen. And I can't make screen run a command in a specified window when creating it. Is it possible to write a bash script does the stuff I explained above at start?

Could you please help me about this topic?

Thanks,
Ugur