Re: colors #8-16 are not bright

From: Alain Bench
Subject: Re: colors #8-16 are not bright
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:54:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Michael,

 On Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 13:02:13 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:

> I think this is a bug, screen should not use the xterm compatibility
> hack if the "colors" terminfo entry is greater than 8.

    Understood and agreed: Screen should then not send at all the "dark"
code, but send the color #8-15 sequence, alone.

> As a workaround, you can add
>| termcapinfo putty* XT

    Much thanks: Colors #8-15 are now bright. Exactly Screen sends
"ESC[34mESC[94m" to PuTTY.

    Adding XT as custom capability to putty-{16,256}color terminfos
entries (and compile them with "tic -x") also works. And so, users do
not have to tweak their .screenrc.

    Reading the man, I just hope that the differences in OSC and mouse
sequences between the real Xterm and PuTTY will not do any harm.
Experimenting.

Thank you again Michael, and bye!       Alain.
--
When you post a new message, beginning a new topic, use the "mail" or
"post" or "new message" functions.