rearrange the order of windows

From: Jing Liu
Subject: rearrange the order of windows
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:47:38 +0800

Hi, there,

I used konsole before I knew gnu screen. In konsole, there are key
bindings such as "C-S-LeftArrow/RightArrow" to shift a tab with the
one on its left/right side. It's convenient for users to rearrange the
order of the tabs by this function.

In screen, I like to add the following in .screenrc:
caption always "%2=%-w%{= kw} %n %t %{-}%+w"
to get a window list as that in konsole. But there seems no similar
key bindings in screen to shift windows next to each other. I searched
the archives in this mailing list, and found the following two mail:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2005-08/msg00000.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2004-11/msg00006.html
It seems it's not very easy to get this function in screen.

I also knew from the following mail:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2005-08/msg00024.html
that people is trying to get this function in the window list of screen.

My question is whether there is similar function as that in konsole
allowing users to shift windows next to each other at this time or in
the near future.

--
Best,

Jing Liu