Re: binding Ctrl+Tab

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: binding Ctrl+Tab
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:46:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Juergen Weigert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 05 17:31:16 -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > Hey all, short question.... I can't seem to figure out
> the code for
> > binding Control+Tab (and Control+Shift+Tab) - does
> anyone know the
> > keycodes this?
>
> There is no keycode for Ctrl-Tab.
> Ctrl-Space is already a the lowest possible keycode \000.
>
> Shift-Tab could be a two byte sequence ESC Tab, but
> Ctrl-Shift-Tab again
> does not exist.

Juergen,

Actually on the two Linux boxes I tried, Shift-Tab and
Ctrl-Shift-Tab both appear to send ESC [ Z.  I checked this
by hitting "Ctrl-V" at a shell prompt, followed by the
keystrokes in question to see what echoed back.  Ctrl-Tab
seems to just send "Tab," which is equivalent to Ctrl-I.

Aaron,

X11 programs may be able to bind these keystrokes, but
nothing over a normal terminal link will be able to, since
metadata isn't sent with every keystroke.

--Joe

We sell Spatulas, and that's all!
http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/
http://sdk-1600.spatula-city.org/