Re: X cut and paste

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: X cut and paste
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:49:55 +0200

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:15:11AM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hmmm, didn't know that.  I did notice it was possible as the layers
> took into account all the information needed already (x,y,h,w).

Well, you just need the right setup. Try compiling screen with -DHOLE,
for example.

> Admittedly I didn't attempt to patch it because the layers stuff seems
> to span 3-4 files, so it was hard to follow.

All the clipping is done in layer.c, the raw output functions
are in display.c.

> Maybe I will do
> something with it - or at least try.  Would you, by chance, be willing
> to accept patches to get rid of the K&R style?  Call me OCD, but if I
> was going to work on screen at all I would *have* to clean it up a bit
> - and I just might be crazy enough to do it 8)

I'm against changing to ANSI, as we have prototypes you don't
get extra functionality and screen won't complile with some older
compilers anymore. It's the same thing as throwing out support for
old OSes, it's just a bunch of ifdefs that doesn't hurt much.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden