patch in progress: moving windows in windowlist

From: Xavier Nicollet
Subject: patch in progress: moving windows in windowlist
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:16:01 +0200

Hi all,

I have made a patch for help.c, which would help people having problems
with the number command. It is against screen4.0.2 (debian source).

You can try it: patch help.c, recompile and run screen.
Do:
  C-a " (window list)
  select a window
  C-a N (next, or C-a J) to put that window down
  C-a P (previous, or C-a K) to put that window up.

That way you can easily make your windows slide and order things the way
you want.

If someone know the key-codes for shift cursor up, shift cursor down, I
think we could add it too.

The code is deeply inspired from the "number" code, which seems to be
the RC_NUMBER case in process.c, line 2756.

There are still some problems: I don't understant the UTMPOK part, same
for the WindowChanged.

If someone could help me, I guess it would make screen more
user-friendly.

Thanks for your attention,

Cheers,

--