Multiple screen -X commands "fast" after eachother fail

From: Wouter Coekaerts
Subject: Multiple screen -X commands "fast" after eachother fail
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:19:15 +0200

Hi,

If I send multiple commands with screen -X, only the first one gets
executed. An example (the problem is not with the stuff command itself,
that's just an easy test case):
"screen -X stuff abc; screen -X stuff def" will only put "abc" in the
screen. Putting a "sleep 1" in between them fixes it.

A script I wrote does something like this, and a Gentoo user originally
reported this to me. I can't reproduce this on Debian sarge, but my (more
or less up-to-date) Debian sid has the problem too. But they have the same
screen version (4.00.02), so I don't know which version of what actually
causes this.

Wouter.