Re: Setting an escape character on the command line

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Setting an escape character on the command line
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:18:27 -0400

* Will Maier <address@hidden> [2005-06-27 17:45 -0500]:
> However, the key sequence I use to go to the most recent region (not just
> next/previous, but most recently visited) doesn't work unless I reset the
> escape
> character (:escape ^\\\). The key sequence (CTRL-\,CTRL-\) works after setting
> the escape sequence from within screen, but not when it's set on the command
> line.

I can reproduce this.  When you set the escape key via the screen 'escape'
command, it also makes a binding to the 'other' command, which is what
switches to the most recently-used window.  When you set the escape
sequence via the command line, it simply does not bind 'other' to
anything.  I would consider this to be a bug.

The workaround would be to make an additional screenrc with 'escape' and
'source' in it and use the '-c' option.

> Also, a quick bonus question: any way to create a window as a zombie?

There is not; sorry.

--- --
1 if by land, 2 if by sea.
                       -- Paul Revere.  Civilian encryption in 1775.