Re: Screen: Some applications have no colors & garbled graphics..??

From: cga
Subject: Re: Screen: Some applications have no colors & garbled graphics..??
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:51:34 -0500

A good example is the elinks www browser. Depending on where I run
screen (xterm or linux console..) I lose either the 16 colors or line
graphics. Concerning the latter I either get the ASCII replacement (a
line of +----+ dashes with plus-sign's) or worse a bunch of alien glyphs
Æ's,Á's ,Ä's, etc..
[..]
solved.. had to set my terminal to VT100 rather than linux in elinks and choose 16 colors. all this is under the elinks Setup -> Terminal Options menu.. :-)

upgrading to a more current version of elinks helped a lot also..