Re: Reply to header

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: Re: Reply to header
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:11:34 -0500

Shawn,

Sorry, but "change the list to work better with Outlook and Outlook
Express, and worse with everything else" is the elitist argument.

Dude, are you seriously accusing me of using *Outlook*??? When I said we'd eventually get around to bashing each other, I had no idea it'd get _that_ vicious ...

Thunderbird 0.8, Gentoo Linux 2.6.8.

I have yet to see any evidence that adding the reply-to headers would cause behaviour that is worse with _anything_ else, much less _everything_ else. Please refer to Phil's quite excellent link provided earlier (where, I note, the term "elitist" is not really original to me (not that I imagined that it was)). (If you prefer a more technical term to describe your argument, we could use "relativist fallacy".)

I really was planning not to respond further--I even let David's grumpy-ass reply slide completely(*)--but ... Outlook?? <shaking head>

                -- Buddy

(*) If I _were_ going to reply to David, I probably would merely point that, by his own logic, his objection "I get enough spam already" is moot, since my MUA automatically removes spam quite nicely.