Re: ps1

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: ps1
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:47:19 -0800 (PST)

Neszt,

/etc/profile and .bash_profile only get run by "login
shells."  They don't get run by subshells.  You need to
configure your PS1 in .bashrc and/or /etc/bashrc.

Also, is your PS1 exported?  That may explain why subshells
aren't getting the PS1 you expect.  Either that, or
something in /etc/bashrc is hosing you.

At any rate, it's not a screen-specific issue.

Regards,

--Joe