umtp login entry removal

From: jmtgzd
Subject: umtp login entry removal
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:18:18 -0700

Hi,
I was wondering why in umtp.c, when possible, the user slot with the
user's login tty is effectively _removed_ from utmp (only to be
appended back in when screen exits).  As a sysadmin, this removal
isn't helpful to me.  For intance,  if I'm running a routine security
check, there will be a disparity between the current running user
processes/ttys and the users/ttys entries found in utmp.  Would it not
suffice to leave the utmp entry with the login tty alone, and just
append the new tty entries?

Thanks
--
Jeremy Miller  =  jmtgzd at gmail dot com