Re: Hi

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:54:58 -0400

* Eric S. Johansson <address@hidden> [2004-05-27 07:09 -0400]:
> What I would really love to do is get the screen escape away from using
> a single control character.  I would love to make it a function key or
> even a makeup escape mumble sequence.  Anything to keep my Emacs control
> sequences pure.

As far as I can tell, this is not possible.  You can define extra keys to
use for escapes (the man page shows how to do this for F11), and you can
even do multi-key sequences, but there must be a single escape character
defined, too.

My solution was to pick a control key that I rarely, if ever used.  So I
have C-\ (I rarely send breaks to my terminal).  I recall Sven Guckes
recommending C-z, for those who rarely suspend programs.  (And with screen
you rarely need to.)

--- --
I want to crush and maim my enemies in the dark cold void of space.
                       -- robbie