screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #36676] screen shows "standout" instead of "italics"

From: anonymous
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #36676] screen shows "standout" instead of "italics" on terminals which support the latter (rxvt-unicode)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 17:05:50 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #18, bug #36676 (project screen):

> Strange, for me master branch works with italics in xterm (vim user here)

You are right. After taking a careful look, it's a tricky issue. Emacs does
indeed have italics support after switching to screen master. However, it is
broken. What should be italics, is displayed underlined. But some italics show
up now e.g. in the menu bar. And outside Emacs, but still inside screen, xterm
now displays italics correctly.

It would be great if a new release of screen could be made to get this feature
on regular package managers. In the meantime, I will try to figure out what is
wrong with Emacs.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36676>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/