screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #63341] Copy mode (Ctrl-A ESC) blocks stdout

From: anonymous
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #63341] Copy mode (Ctrl-A ESC) blocks stdout
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 10:53:13 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #63341 (project screen):

I love screen, but I agree that the original posted described a bug.  When I
enter copy/scrollback mode, I certainly do not intend to "pause the output".
All I am trying to do is to scrollback to read the terminal messages that are
inaccessible because screen blocks the usual scrolling mechanism.

Incidentally, a Google search suggests that a possible solution is to add a
line to the .screenrc file:

# Enable scrolling
termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63341>