screen-devel

[screen-devel] Can I propose a new option "-k <sockdir>"?

From: Clark Wang
Subject: [screen-devel] Can I propose a new option "-k <sockdir>"?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:09:46 +0800

Hi,

I want to use nested screen sessions (with different screenrc) and I
want the outer screen sessions to use a different socket dir so it's
easier to differentiate between the outer and inner sessions. There's
an env var SCREENDIR for this but the problem is SCREENDIR will be
inherited to and so confuse inner screen sessions.

So can we add a new "-k <sockdir>" to explicitly specify the socket dir?

Thanks,
clark