screen-devel

[screen-devel] "clear scrollbar and reset" breaks screen inside screen

From: Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
Subject: [screen-devel] "clear scrollbar and reset" breaks screen inside screen
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 20:23:17 -0300

Hello,

Both KDE Konsole or gnome-terminal have an option to reset terminal and clean scroll.
In konsole, it is "View/Clear scrollbar and reset". For both terminals, this command breaks arrow keys inside vim (and probably other stuff when I use a screen inside a screen:

$ LANG=C konsole --separate -e '/usr/bin/screen -S test1'
test1$ vim testfile # OK
test1$ /usr/bin/screen -S test2
test2$ vim testfile # OK
test2$ # clear scrollbar and reset
test2$ vim testfile # Broken, vim says "E388: Couldn't find definition"
test2$ exit
test1$ vim testfile # OK
test1$ /usr/bin/screen -S test2
test2$ vim testfile # Still broken, vim says "E388: Couldn't find definition"

I use "screen -A -q -RR" as my konsole shell as well as the SSH command. So, "screen inside screen" is normal for me. I tried some screen commands, both the outer and inner screen, like "C", "Z" with no way to restore the inner screen to a working state. Anyway, it should not break in the first place.

I'm using screen-4.8.0-3.16.x86_64 from OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
I'm not subscribed (yet) to screen-devel maillist.

Regards,

---
     Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
            luizluca@gmail.com