screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #58539] Misleading version information about a curre

From: Alexander Naumov
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #58539] Misleading version information about a current 'master' tree.
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 06:53:20 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #58539 (project screen):

                Category:                    None => Build/Install

Follow-up Comment #2:

> Hi,
> Couldn't find a way to find out the approx. version of the current 'master'
tree.

Hi Alexey,

You can find the version number in file configure.ac. It's defined in AC_INIT
marcos (two first fileds are package name and version number):

AC_INIT([GNU Screen], [4.99.0], [https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=screen],
[screen], [https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/])

But, it stays constant for version 4.X.X, i.e. for package version is not
really useful.
If you want time to time to rebuild development version, I would recommend to
use date like 2020.06.11 or something like this.

I hope it was helpful. I'm closing this report.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?58539>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/