screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #58256] Error when swich between screens, parallel t

From: Alexander Naumov
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #58256] Error when swich between screens, parallel typing
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 05:35:32 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #58256 (project screen):

             Assigned to:                    None => anaumov
                 Release:                    None => 4.8.0

Follow-up Comment #4:

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> I used Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
> 1. To install screen. sudo apt install screen -y
> 2. this is my step:
>  - Ctrl+a |-> split terminal vertically into regions
>  - ctrl-a + tab -> move to new screen
>  - Ctrl+a c -> new window

Here you can see, that the first window (left region) is "bash 0" and second
one (right region) is "bash 1".
Now you can use and enjoy screen :-)

>  - Ctrl+a 0

Now you still have two regions, but both of then show you the same window
"bash 0". That's the reason why context is also the same.
So, I will expect that in this case if you type something you will see the
same text on both regions.

> As I understand It will switch to the first screen.

No, if you want to switch to the first region, you have to 'ctrl+a tab'
again.
Ctrl+a <number> is used to switch between windows. As I said, you can see the
list of these with ctrl+a ".

> But It doesn't run as expected, My cursor still on the second screen.
> but when i typing, text display in both of them.

Yep, that's correct. That's not a bug ;-)

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?58256>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/