screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] [bug #54989] incorrect use of tparm

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] [bug #54989] incorrect use of tparm
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 17:32:42 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
| From: "Amadeusz Sławiński" <address@hidden>
| To: "Marcin Cieslak" <address@hidden>

The RGB extension tells ncurses how to compute values in "color_content".

https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/man/curs_color.3x.html

The manual page lists new functions which provide the ability to
manipulate color- and colorpair-values with more than 16-bits

| $ infocmp xterm-direct
| #       Reconstructed via infocmp from file:
/usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-direct
| xterm-direct|xterm with direct-color indexing,
|        am, bce, km, mc5i, mir, msgr, npc, xenl,
|        colors#0x1000000, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, pairs#0x10000,

That's omitting the "-x" option.  With it,

xterm-direct|xterm with direct-color indexing,
        OTbs, am, bce, km, mc5i, mir, msgr, npc, xenl, AX, RGB, XT,
        colors#0x1000000, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, pairs#0x10000,
        acsc=``aaffggiijjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~,

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net