scim-user

[Scim-user] Installing SCIM

From: David Oftedal
Subject: [Scim-user] Installing SCIM
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:03:22 +0200

Hi!

I've just upgraded my version of SCIM, and I've discovered that because it depends on intltool, the whole installation has to be done in the "C" locale. So I was wondering if:

1) Someone could reproduce the problem I had at first? Simply set LC_ALL and LANGUAGE to "en_US.utf8" (Make sure that you have an en_US.utf8 locale, or convert your en_US locale using localedef) and confirm that "make" fails at the very end.

2) Make sure that the locale is always forced to "C" during the install in future versions.

A lot of people are using more or less exotic system locales these days, so it would be an advantage if SCIM could force the locale back to "C" automatically. I do believe this is a common problem with lots of programs, so a modification of GNU make could also be a solution.

P.S. Thanks for integrating SCIM with both m17nlib and uim! Now SCIM is not only a great input method, but also a great frontend! It'll be my default XIM method from now on.

-David "浪人" Oftedal