Savannah Upgrades

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Savannah Upgrades
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 15:51:25 -0600

Savannah Users,

This is an FYI of two system upgrades today.  The SQL database was
upgraded today from an older MySQL database server to a newer MariaDB
database server.

That went very well such that we decided not to stop there.  We also
upgraded the Savannah web UI frontend server to the latest release of
Triquel 10.

And then came in a report that git push failed due to permission
problems!  Just when I had thought things had gone so well.  I didn't
notice because my test for it was flawed.  The problem was that the
back end storage server had been reconfigured for the new SQL DB
address but the running rpc.mountd was still hanging onto the previous
address.  Restarting it solved this problem.

The goal was to make these ugprades as invisible of an upgrade as
possible to the users of the services.  I apologize for any
inconvenience.

If you experience any continuing problems please let us know!

Bob