Re: Is it possible to authenticate with savannah, e.g. with ldap?

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Is it possible to authenticate with savannah, e.g. with ldap?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 10:00:59 +0200

Hi Bob,

thanks for your hints!

> If it were me I would subscribe to the commit email mailing list
> (assuming there is one, can set up one if there is not) then have it
> automatically fetch and build whenever a new commit is pushed.  Then
> things would always be automatically built.  And then additionally
> have a periodic build regardless to catch up with any OS upgrades.
> This would reduce the need for manual button pushing somewhat.

The buildbot polls the savannah pspp git repository and starts a build
after a commit and there is a nightly build for some targets. So as you
say for the normal operation there are no push buttons required.

>> I also think of the underlying server. It would be nice if I could give
>> login access to the project members via authentication at savannah.
>
> I am not sure how to do this.  Which literally means that I myself
> don't know how to do this.  But if other people had ideas then I am
> sure something could be worked out.

At my university we use an ldap server for this purpose. I have not looked
into the github way of doing this.

Thanks for your help!

Friedrich