[Savannah-users] cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/web/www: No such file or dire

From: Dora Scilipoti
Subject: [Savannah-users] cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/web/www: No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 20:31:20 -0400

Hello,

I've been trying to cvs update my local copies of www and www-es since
early this morning without success. I get the error as in the subject:

dora@freedom:~/www-es$ cvs update
cvs update: Updating .
cvs [update aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/web/www-es: No such file
or directory
user@freedom:~/www-es$

Last time I did updating, committing and check out in those two
directories was a couple of days ago, and since then I have not modified
the configuration of my laptop.

I searched the web, read the explanations and gave the commands
recommended in [1], but still no luck.

Are there other things I should check on my side to find out where is
the problem and fix it?

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

--
Dora Scilipoti