Re: [Savannah-users] Fwd: qemu-devel mailing list dropping certain email

From: Peter Maydell
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:04:24 +0100

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 00:01, Bin Meng <address@hidden> wrote:

> +Peter
>
> Hi Ian,

> > > In this case, it seems spamassassin misclassified the language of the
> > > emails because of the code in them. I've seen this issue before. We have
>
> Yes, Peter mentioned to me he saw random patch email was dropped with
> QEMU lists before I requesting help on this mailing list the other
> day.

Yes, it's only very occasional but I have noticed parts of patchseries
getting dropped from time to time over the years. Thanks for
chasing this up, Bin.

> > > a rule for bad language + freemail, I've lowered it a point.  Sometime
> > > in the next month or so I'm going to dig into spamassassin and hopefully
> > > make a better fix. I'm going to push through the missing emails now.

I think the ideal would be for spamassassin to have a rule that
recognized patch emails -- the diff headers are pretty distinctive
and it seems very unlikely that any actual spam would be
masquerading as patches, so it should be safe to give them an
"almost certainly not spam" score.

While I'm here, I wanted to say thank you for running the mailing
list server and keeping the lists generally spam free. QEMU as a
project relies pretty heavily on the mailing lists for our patch
workflow and general project communication, and they've been a
reliable service for us for years.

thanks
-- PMM