[Savannah-users] Multiple GPG keys on Savannah

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-users] Multiple GPG keys on Savannah
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 12:13:13 -0400

Hello,

I have an ECDSA key (ed25519) and and RSA key (rsa4096). I prefer to use
the ECDSA key since it is smaller and faster but still secure. I have
the RSA key in case people cannot use my ECDSA key (since ECC is still
relatively new).

Is it OK to upload both keys? Or will that cause problems? Currently, I
have both keys uploaded [1].

As a side note, when testing the keys, Savannah's gpg fails to import
the ECDSA key since it is too old (1.4.16). For example, when I try to
test both keys, it imports the RSA one successfully, but not the ECDSA
one:

gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp.ZgLckPobWs/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp.ZgLckPobWs/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: key 54608E68: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: /tmp/tmp.ZgLckPobWs/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 41420C38: public key "Asher Gordon <address@hidden>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

I would suggest updating Savannah's GnuPG since it is so old. I am still
able to upload the keys even though they don't pass the test, though.

Asher

Footnotes:
[1]  https://savannah.nongnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=141542

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me sprea=
d!