Re: [Savannah-users] IP Address Changes

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] IP Address Changes
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 00:49:41 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Tomorrow, Friday, will be the day for vcs services git, svn, bzr, hg,
> cvs and all of the vcs related services.  Folllowed immediately by the
> backend network file storage.  To be honest the vcs side is the very
> high profile side that makes me nervous.  I will be happy when it is done.

Whew!  It's done!  It has been a long two days but Savannah is now
fully operating on the new subnet with new IPs all around.

At the last, later on Friday, there was a problem that went unnoticed
for too long that version control commit access was broken due to a
user id mapping problem on the backend storage causing it to be
read-only.  That was fixed late after midnight.  Sorry.

Additionally Savannah servers now have IPv6 addresses fully supported
on all of the servers now.  This will make Savannah accessible on IPv6
only networks whereas previously it required IPv4.

There is still one minor item that is failing the regression suite.
However things have stabilized otherwise.

> Followed by whatever was forgotten up to that point! :-)

If you are having problems from now moving forward please make a
report.  Everything should be fully functional for you on the new
network.

Bob