Re: [Savannah-users] DownloadArea: upload via scp not working

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] DownloadArea: upload via scp not working
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:27:54 -0600

Hello Simon,

On 2017-09-15 01:13 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> I just tried to upload a .zip + .zip.sig via scp for project 'lwip' but
> it fails with the message "Fatal: Received unexpected end-of-file from
> server".
>
> I'm using putty's pscp on windows, so it *might* be a windows problem?
> However, I use the same ssh key for git access and that works without
> problems...
>
> Are there any known problems currently or should I try it from a linux
> box next monday?

There are currently no known problems,
and a cursory test of 'scp' from an Ubuntu machine to
'download.sv.gnu.org:/releases/' worked fine for me.

This error might be related to pscp:
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/pscp-unexpected-eof.html
(though that page talks about downloading).

If you have 'rsync' you can try that instead of scp.

regards,
 - assaf