[Savannah-users] How to take over an abandoned project

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Savannah-users] How to take over an abandoned project
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 07:38:40 +0200

Hi,

I am wondering what are the steps  to take over an abandoned nongnu
project.

There is an old project named 'tlf' - a ham radio logger - registered
back in 2003. It showed not much activity besides a moderate active
mailing list.

The development by the original author (Rein Couperus) stopped around
2008 to 2010. At that time I took over further development. But in later
years we lost contact to Rein completely. (I just wrote him some weeks
ago to ask once more for a transfer of administration rights to the
project, but got no answer.)

It would be nice if the group of current developers could get control
over the project contents on savannah and use it more than just relying
on the mail service.

Regards,

        Thomas.