Re: [Savannah-users] public mailing list

From: Karl Berry
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 23:26:59 GMT

lists.gnu.org, lists.nongnu.org, and lists.libreplanet.org are all the
same server, and share one mailman installation.  There's no way to have
a list address@hidden and a different list address@hidden
There can be only one list "foo" among all three of those domains.
(lists.fsf.org and a couple others are separate, on another machine;
I don't know what happens with name collisions in general.)

So those karakolas lists have private archives going forward.  However,
switching the archive option to private does not delete existing public
archives, as you noted:
  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/karakolas-equipo-gestor/
  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/karakolas-delegadas/
  (also the mbox archives available by ftp).

I gather all those public archives should just be moved away.  I tend to
put such stuff into ~/archive/ on lists.  I'll do that when I have a
chance, but it would be quicker if you did :).

Finally, lists.gnu.org is not a "savannah" server in any way.  It is
managed by the FSF sysadmins.  All Savannah can do is log in (not as
root) and do a few limited things.

karl