Re: [Savannah-users] Cannot access the Texinfo SVN repository

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Cannot access the Texinfo SVN repository
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 22:06:59 +0200

> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:54:10 -0500
> From: Assaf Gordon <address@hidden>
>
> On 12/23/2014 02:26 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >    svn: E720002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> > 'svn+ssh://address@hidden/texinfo/trunk'
> >    svn: E720002: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file
> > specified.
> >
> > This is on Windows, but it used to work.  I did try to SSH into
> > svn.savannah.gnu.org, and it did work.
>
> I'm not well versed with SVN either, but I found these two mentions of the
> same error on windows,
> hinting that it could be a problem in SVN not finding the SSH program:
>
> http://kiranpatils.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/svn-cant-create-tunnel-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified/
> https://subversion.open.collab.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4&dsMessageId=148269

Yes, that was the reason.  What puzzled me was that SVN_SSH was set in
my case, and it pointed to the correct place.  The problem, as I found
out, was that SVN on Windows needs the value of SVN_SSH to use
Unix-style forward slashes.  (By contrast, Git wants backslashes.  Go
figure.)

Thanks for your help.