Re: [Savannah-users] Where project releases in bug tracker come from?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Where project releases in bug tracker come from?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:41:39 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> > When you open bug, there is Release field. It is drop-down list which
> > has as the last version 2.02~beta1. The question is, how this list is
> > maintained (manually or automatically).
>
> Ah!  Thank you for the clarification.  I did not know about that
> feature at all.  With that I am sure one of the other folks will know
> how that is generated.  I suspect there is an administrative web
> interface to it.  I will pause here and give time for other members to
> respond.

I didn't wait but I went looking.  A project admin is presented with
the menu option to administer the project.  You are listed as a
project member but not as a project admin and therefore are not seeing
any of the admin options.  Any of the existing project admins may
promote your account to be a project admin.

One of the menu options is Configure, Edit Field Values, Release, and
from there the release values for that dropdown form field can be
edited.  You can add new entries.  You can deactivate and hide
existing entries.

Bob