Re: [Savannah-users] ac bug? ac -f /var/log/wtmp.1 resulting in ac: Poss

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] ac bug? ac -f /var/log/wtmp.1 resulting in ac: Possible overflow of time_t! Can't continue.
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:30:58 -0700

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nestor Urquiza wrote:
>> We got an alert like the below:
>>
>> {{{
>> Cron <address@hidden> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts
>> --report /etc/cron.monthly )
>> /etc/cron.monthly/acct:
>> ac: Possible overflow of time_t!  Can't continue.
>> }}}

[...]
> What is "ac"?  If you give us a hint about what "ac" might be then I
> could probably give back a hint as to where to ask questions about
> it.  I searched Savannah's list of hosted projects and I see nothing
> called "ac" there.

I tried looking through the apt-cache of Trisquel, and there are three
occurences of "ac". One is part of the GNU Accounting Utilities
package, and the other two are part of ACPI. Based on the command
usage, I'm guessing it's the former.

As Bob mentioned, this Savannah mailing list is too general to answer
your question. You could try posting to one of the GNU Accounting
Utilities mailing lists. The project homepage is [1]. They should be
able to help you better.

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/acct/

Cheers,
Jan