Re: [Savannah-users] Registering username

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Registering username
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:20:34 -0700

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> Zoran Plesivčak wrote:
>> I appreciate your reply. I checked my spam folder before and haven't seen
>> confirmation mail that ended there because it's title was "INVALID.NOREPLY"
>> and I thought it was genuine spam :) .
>
> Is that how those are addressed!  I personally always find messages
> like that annoying.  I think there is always a better place to set the
> reply address to rather than those "noreply" types of things.  I think
> I can improve that part at least.

I can confirm what Zoran wrote, that all email I get from Savannah
(notices about people joining/quitting projects, updated SSH keys,
etc.) gets sent from "INVALID.NOREPLY". I understand the need for an
invalid address (some people might want to reply "thanks for the
heads-up!"), but having the keyword "savannah" in the from field would
be an improvement. How about "Savannah do-not-reply"
<address@hidden> ?

Cheers,
Jan