Re: [Savannah-users] Question about Email Lists

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Question about Email Lists
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:22:50 GMT

Hi Stephen,

Choices:
1) You can discard the control messages with a pattern like this:
^Subject: confirm [a-f0-9]{40}

2) We can use a placeholder address for the listed administrator; then
you wouldn't receive (any) messages from mailman in the first place.
You'd still be able to log in to the mailman web interface and do
whatever with the list (not that anything should need to be done).

In any case, you (and all list owners) don't have to worry about
approving real messages, much less deleting spam, unless you want to.
Unless list owners explicitly tell us not to, Bob Proulx and I do that
for all lists on lists.[non]gnu.org.  (We had to, to keep the mail
flowing, since the reality is that most purported list owners never
actually look at the pending queues.  Present company excepted. :)

best,
karl