Re: [Savannah-users] Bad download link - vtags project

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Bad download link - vtags project
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:49:52 -0700

Jan Synáček wrote:
> clicking the "Download" button at [1] takes me to a non-existant page [2].
> [1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/vtags/
> [2] http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/vtags/

Thanks for the report.  However you have contacted the Savannah web
site team and not the vtags project team.  Because the vtags project
is small there is only the developer's email address.  I would write
the developer for further information.

It appears to me that the vtag project has enabled an ftp upload area
for their project but have never uploaded any files to it.  Because no
files have ever been uploaded the location doesn't exist yet.  As soon
as the project uploads a file then the location will exist.

Because the project hasn't seen any activity since 2006 I fear that it
may not be actively supported anymore.  I took the liberty of turning
off the download link so that it won't be a source of confusion in the
future and won't report not found anymore.  The project owner can
always enable it and upload files to create it.

The source for vtags can be obtained from cvs.

  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/vtags co vtags

That will download the source and make all of the revision history
available.

Bob