Re: [Savannah-users] mailing list moderation

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:57:59 -0600

Jan Owoc wrote:
> My Savannah project has three mailing lists, of which one is supposed
> to be open to the public. The public-facing list, naturally, gets 5-15
> spam messages a day. It also gets 1-2 "real" messages from the public
> per year. I want to make sure that these ~2 messages actually make it
> through to us.
>
> I've already disabled listhelper, but I still sometimes notice that
> messages that should be awaiting my moderation (according to the daily
> summary email) are not in the moderation queue. Other than listhelper
> (which I'm sure I've disabled), is there any other automatic mailing
> list filtering I should know about/disable?

What is the name of the mailing list?  So that one of us doesn't add
listhelper back into it because it isn't there.

The frontend machine eggs.gnu.org receives all of the incoming mailing
list message has custom anti-spam rules.  I have no access there and
do not know what those rules are other than they exist there.  AFAIK
it is impossible to disable those since that is on the front end of
everything.

Bob