[Savannah-users] Help on tiger auditing tool

From: aqua07
Subject: [Savannah-users] Help on tiger auditing tool
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:54:56 -0600

Hi,
     I am using the tiger tool for auditing and when I found list of audit files . I am confused the way tiger identify the symbolic link files which are not owned by root .

Example :-
 Tiger will generate a error if it see a file like thisbelow

$ ll /usr/bin/amqicle
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21sep 2010 /usr/bin/amqicle->/opt/mqm/bin/amqicle

$ ll /opt/mqm/bin/amqicle
rwxrwx___ mqm mqn 3 sep 2011 amqicle

Tiger display error like path002w  /usr/bin/amqicle in root's path from default is not owned by root ( owned by mqm).

If the file permission look like this then tiger will not find this file in audit
Example

$ ll /opt/mqm/bin/amqicle
rwsrws___ mqm mqm 3 sep 2011 amqicle

Please help me to find the difference. In the logic tiger using to find the files owned by root.