Re: [Savannah-users] Registering a new project

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Registering a new project
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:54:22 -0500

John Preston <address@hidden> writes:

> I wanted to register a new project on savannah.nongnu.org and /then/ to
> begin development using the Git for my project. However, the hosting
> request page requires a tarball of my latest project release. What is
> the protocol for requesting hosting for a new project that is currently
> only in the planning phase? Thank you.

The primary reason requiring a tarball AFAIK is to verify licensing
concerns, e.g. to see that there's nothing conflicting with your chosen
license (I think it's quite awesome that Savannah offers this service).

If your project is still in the planning stage, then there might be an
exception, or you might consider hosting it somewhere else until there
is licensing to be reviewed.  Gitorious would be a good option ---
there's no review necessary there, to my knowledge.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab